Sudanese FM to “Mizij Podcast”: We Will Soon Announce the Launching the Political Dialogue

 

Sudanhorizon– Agencies
Sudanese Foreign Minister, Mohi El-Din Salem, on Wednesday announced that Sudan will soon announce the start of political dialogue, noting that contacts are underway at various levels in preparation for its launch.
In an interview with “Mizij Podcast,” a platform affiliated with Al-Arabiya Network, Salem said, “There are many contacts taking place at various levels with political parties, women, youth, local administration, and Sufi orders, and we will announce the start of the dialogue soon.”
Salem affirmed that the Sudanese government is “open to every sincere effort” to achieve lasting peace in the country, but stressed its rejection of “partial solutions such as truces, ceasefires, and humanitarian issues.”
He added, “These are exaggerations of what they call initiatives. There is nothing but a collection of statements and talk in the media, and we have not received a comprehensive initiative with a unified vision from all these groups.”
He continued, “Anyone who wants to engage in dialogue with us is welcome inside Sudan, and we will soon announce the start of this dialogue.”
Salem criticized international initiatives related to the Sudanese crisis, deeming them to have become “experiments for people who don’t want to listen to all sides transparently and fairly.”
Salem stated that conferences and meetings held in several cities “ignore the majority of Sudanese people, including the displaced, those returning to areas controlled by the army, and those who support the armed forces.” He accused the organizers of insisting on “an imposed narrative” and attempting to impose it on the Sudanese people.
He added, “We have seen much futility. We went to the UN Security Council and presented a well-known initiative. We haven’t heard them discuss this initiative publicly, but they are trying to impose their vision.”
Salem asserted that these parties have begun to back down because “the Sudanese people are resilient and will not accept external dictates.”
Last Friday, the head of Sudan’s Sovereign Council, Abdel Fattah al-Burhan, announced that a national group of Sudanese men and women had initiated an independent national mechanism to facilitate a comprehensive Sudanese dialogue originating from within the country. This dialogue would encompass political and social forces and prioritize the suffering of citizens and their right to peace. Regarding military developments, the Sudanese Foreign Minister stated that his country is “on the verge of achieving a major victory for the Sudanese people, thanks to the army and supporting forces.”
He added that government forces “have managed to gain new territory.” Salem noted that some countries have changed their positions, and that Khartoum is now witnessing “external support and alignment with the Sudanese people.”
He emphasized that Sudanese diplomacy aims to “support the fighters until the land is liberated from the Rapid Support Forces militia and those who stand behind them and their mercenaries.”
He continued, “We have weapons targeting those on the ground and weapons aimed at other fronts, because there are those who seek to attack Sudan through those other fronts.”
Concerning neighboring countries, Salem said that some countries have stood by Sudan since the beginning of the war, while others have “opened opportunities for the Rapid Support Forces militia and forces from outside the continent to interfere in our internal affairs, such as mercenaries coming from Colombia,” accusing Ethiopia and Chad of allowing this.
He added: “There are militia camps in Ethiopia, and geographically, the attack on Blue Nile State could only have been launched from there. We previously provided clear evidence that a drone originating from Ethiopia bombed Khartoum Airport, a civilian facility.”
The Sudanese minister explained that Khartoum possesses “precise information” in this regard.
He noted that the Chairman of the Sovereign Council addressed the African Union Peace and Security Council with “precise evidence” concerning the flights and weapons.
He added: “All of these weapons come from some neighboring countries and are transported through airports, and the world is well aware of this, despite the UN Security Council having a resolution prohibiting the arming of these groups.”

Shortlink: https://sudanhorizon.com/?p=17180